What is it?
Ranked Choice Voting is a method by which a single person’s vote can be transferred between candidates based on the voter’s preference. RCV allows a single voter to rank their preferred candidates. Then if their first choice is removed from the race, the vote automatically moves to their second choice.
Benefits over the current system:
- RCV causes far fewer “thrown away” votes.
- There is no fear in voting for the “wrong” person.
- RCV opens the door for new ideas, both third parties AND multiple candidates from the same party.
- RCV eliminates any third person becoming a “spoiler” in elections.
- RCV helps combat corruption of the system like gerrymandering.
- RCV will bring more balance and better representation.
- The election process is based on just TWO very simple math equations, not a bunch of delegates, superdelegates, electors, and other corrupt party insiders doing your voting for you.
- RCV is just you, and your vote. Simple and corruption free.
- RCV can be a stepping stone for national change.
- RCV helps divide powers in the government, thus aiding in the fight against corruption
- RCV is easier to understand than our current process.
- People need to learn they actually have freedom of choice again. This may cause an adjustment period.
- New machine programming needs to be written
- Those currently with a great deal of power, especially those who achieved their power through corruption will fight against us.